Posts Tagged SEO Advice
Looking for tips or advice on how to search engine optimize your website? Here’s a list of the top 10 SEO blogs in the world according to Daily Blog Tips. With this list alone, you’re bound to find many helpful ideas to help you on your quest to rank higher and higher.
World’s Top 10 SEO Blogs:
- www.searchengineland.com – a news and information site covering search engine marketing, searching issues and the search engine industry.
- www.seobook.com – site offers marketing tips, search analysis, online business tips, and general commentary on the evolution of the web.
- www.seomoz.org – Provides companies around the world with consulting, internet marketing and search engine optmization services. Their daily blog provides regular SEO tips.
- www.mattcutts.com – Google software engineer providing all types of SEO insights. As the head of Google’s Webspam team he has a lot of valuable information for all watchers of the web.
- www.searchenginewatch.com – Provides tips and information about searching the web, analysis of search engine industry and help to site owners trying to improve their ability to be found in search engines.
- www.seroundtable.com – purpose behind Search Engine Roundtable is to report on the most interesting threads taking place at the SEM forums.
- www.searchenginejournal.com – specializes in search engine news
- www.toprankblog.com – provides insights, resources and commentary on a range of digital marketing and public relations topics
- www.pronetadvertising.com – personal experiences in successful online marketing
- www.marketingpilgrim.com – covers the latest news, rumors and reviews of all things related to internet marketing and online advertising
Bookmark this post as a future reference.
If you don’t have time read SEO blogs but need SEO work to your website please contact us.
What other SEO blogs do you read or recommend?
The majority of website owners who ask us to “fix” their websites do not understand the concept of having a focused set of keywords for their websites. This results in search engines, like Google, not being able to assign their website to a particular niche / category since there is no obvious set of primary keywords defined for the website.
Establish your primary keywords before doing any SEO
Before doing any search engine optimization (SEO) work on their website, I ask them to establish at least 3 sets of keywords that describe their business. For example one of my current clients owns a refrigeration repair business in Chicago. His website’s HTML was littered with too many sets of keywords which is why he wasn’t getting the search engine traffic that he anticipated. We suggested that his three sets of keywords should be something like:
SEO Melbourne is our primary keyword set
Another real example I can provide are the keywords we are focusing on for this website. Can you guess what it is? Our main keyword set for this website is “SEO Melbourne“. We chose this because it is our goal to win SEO work in our locality of Melbourne. This site is only a couple of weeks old but if you do a Google search for “SEO Melbourne” you’ll find that we are moving up the ranks fast.
Our other main keyword sets are:
There’s a lot of competition for the search term SEO Melbourne and because of the very nature of the term, we are competing of other SEO companies who also specialize in optmizing websites for search engines. Despite this, I’m always up for a challenge and becoming number one in Google will be a very satisfying goal to achieve. Let’s see how long it takes.
How to find the competition for your keywords
You can see how many competing websites there are for your keywords by looking at the results section after you submit a search. For example, for the term “SEO Melbourne” in Google.com there are over 1,200,000 competing pages!
To the beginner this can be quite daunting. but we have been able to rank in top 5 positions for keywords have over 50,000,000 competing pages within a couple of weeks.
Know thy enemies
So once you’ve established your set of at least 3 primary keywords / keyword sets that describe your website / business, check in Google to see how many competing pages there are. If you’re starting up a new business you may want to consider niches that have less competition.
Keyword research is important for all online content
I have an article on EzineArticles that also talks about the importance of keyword research in terms of article marketing. Check it out:
Let us know if you need help with keyword analysis or SEO. We’d love to help.
When people hear the abbreviation SEO, they normally assume it’s all about optimizing code or HTML so that Google spiders will be able to pick it up. While correct, it’s only one part of the bigger search engine optimization exercise. SEO also involves “offsite” work.
If you need help ranking in Google, please contact us for a FREE website assessment.